Google Apps is a web-based suite of messaging and collaboration applications hosted by Google and designed with security and reliability in mind. The applications include communication tools (Gmail, Google Talk, and Google Calendar), productivity tools (Google Docs: text files, spreadsheets, and presentations), a customisable start page, and Google Sites (to develop web pages). Features include:
- access email from any PC or mobile phone
- create, share and collaborate in real-time on documents
- create and share calendars
- manage contacts
- build powerful websites and Intranets quickly and easily
- make huge savings on IT infrastucture and support costs
To learn more about the products within Googles Apps, Please click on the following icons:
Google Apps Premier Edition allows 25GB of storage for each Gmail account, powerful spam filtering, BlackBerry and Outlook interoperability and a 99.9% uptime SLA. Features include:
- Email, IM, voice and video chat – Each user gets 25 GB of email and IM storage
- Anytime, anywhere access to your email – Gmail is securely powered by the web, so you can be productive from your desk, on the road, at home and on your mobile phone, even when you’re offline.
- Outlook and Blackberry interoperability – Use other email interfaces you’re familiar with until you’re ready for the full Gmail experience.
- Search and find emails instantly – Spend less time organising email and find emails quickly with Google-powered search for your inbox.
- Get less spam – Powerful Gmail spam filtering helps you stay focused on what’s important. Postini filtering lets you customise your spam protection.
Google Calendar offers a rich end-user experience, letting you make appointments and schedule meetings and notifications. Features include:
- Manage meetings online with Google Calendar – A web-based calendar application that enables employees to work together efficiently and helps minimise costs and IT hassles.
- Easily schedule appointments – Overlay multiple calendars to see when people are available. Google Calendar sends invitations and manages RSVPs.
- Integrate with your email system – Google Calendar is integrated into Gmail and interoperable with popular calendar applications.
- Share project calendars – Calendars can be shared company-wide or with select colleagues. A range of sharing permission controls help maintain security and privacy.
- Access with your mobile device – View and edit event details, add new events and invite guests on mobile devices such as the BlackBerry and iPhone. Even receive calendar notifications via SMS.
- Publish calendars – Publicise external company events by publishing a calendar to make it searchable in the Google Calendar gallery. Easily embed calendars into web pages.
Google Docs facilitates real-time document sharing and collaboration. Multiple, geographically located users can share and even simultaneously edit documents. Features Include:
- Online documents with real-time collaboration – Web-based documents, spreadsheets, drawings and presentations that let users edit the same file at the same time so you always have the latest version.
- Anytime, anywhere access to your work – Google Docs is securely powered by the web, giving you the flexibility to be productive from your desk, on the road, at home and on your mobile phone, even when you’re offline.
- Works across operating systems – Google Docs works in the browser on PC, Mac and Linux computers and supports popular formats such as .doc, .xls, .csv, .ppt, and .pdf.
- Secure access controls – Administrators can manage file sharing permissions system-wide and document owners can share and revoke file access at any time.
Create dynamic web pages as easily as writing a document, Google Sites is an easy way to create secure web pages for intranets and team projects. No coding or HTML required.
- Organise information in a central place – Use Google Sites to centralise documents, spreadsheets, presentations, videos, slideshows and more to help keep teams organised.
- Anytime, anywhere access – Google Sites is securely powered by the web, so you can access company pages from your desk, on the road, at home and on your mobile phone.
- Works across operating systems – Google Sites works in the browser on PC, Mac and Linux computers.
- System and site-level security controls – Administrators can manage site sharing permissions across the business and authors can share and revoke file access at any time.
Google Talk is a web-based application which allows users to have a combination of voice over IP and instant messaging functionality.
- Instant messages – share quick thoughts in real time
- Status updates – see if friends are around and what they are up to
- File transfer – instantly send and receive files, pictures, and more
- Free long distance – make PC-to-PC calls to people anywhere in the world
- Audio conferencing – talk to multiple people at once
- Gmail integration – chat with your friends on Gmail
Google-hosted video solution saves you time and money. Google securely hosts and streams your videos, so employees don’t need to share videos over email, or burden IT with a complex on-site video solution.
- A video channel for your business – Video sharing makes important communications like internal trainings and corporate announcements more engaging and effective.
- Keep videos secure and private – Employees can securely share videos with colleagues without exposing confidential information.
- Anytime, anywhere access – Google Video is securely powered by the web, so you can access company videos from your desk, on the road, and at home.
- Works across operating systems – Google Video works in the browser on PC, Mac and Linux computers.
Communicate and share more easily with Google Groups, Google Groups can be used as mailing lists and to share calendars, docs, sites and videos easily with colleagues.
- Employees can create groups easily – Employees can create and manage groups without the help of IT.
- Securely share content with a group – Share Google Docs, Calendar, Sites and Videos with a group instead of individuals. People can be added to and removed from the group allowing you to manage who has access to content.
- Customisable mailing list settings – Groups can be moderated or unmoderated and members can choose to get individual messages, daily digests or no email at all.
- Browse and search group archives – Group members can access and search archives of mail sent to their lists to efficiently find topics of interest.